
The best New Year's I ever had was the day Eric was born. At 10:30pm we were the first to show up at Payson Hospital to have a baby that day. It was oh, so exciting to be recognized around Utah County as the Payson New Year baby and mom since we made the front page of most of the small town papers. Best of all, it was the first day of my life as a stay at home mom. Best job in the world!
Eric has always been my baby, and even though he is the definitive middle child now I can't help but cuddle him regularly. Since about July, Eric has been planning his birthday. Mostly, he wanted it to be a "google head" birthday. I wasn't sure what we were going to do for this, but with so many months to prepare, we came up with a couple lame ideas that fit the bill.
First, squiggly candles on muffins for breakfast...

Then, Redi-whip, swirled on Pancakes for lunch (and in Eric's mouth)...

Then, the big effort, the cake...

We made all the swirls out of white almond bark and sprinkles. They were pretty easy to make, and the kids were crazy about them.
Then, the hats...

We lamed out on this a bit. I had intended to spend more time on this, but pipe cleaner and stocking caps worked out just fine. And they stayed on good even through the dance session, requested by Eric, that followed cake. Our latest family favorite song is "Electric Car" by They Might Be Giants.
I love how happy my kids are with the silly little things we do. We love just being together. And yes, Eric's favorite meal of the day is Breakfast, so we had breakfast, then another breakfast, and then a lunch (grilled cheese and tomato soup with alphabet noodles in it)What a great way to start the New Year! Can't wait for next year!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Eric! What a fun day!
Happy, happy birthday, Eric! Looks like it was a great day!
Love it all! I can't believe that Eric is 5 (and that he's your middle child :) ). I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!
Very fun! It's always a party at the Roberts home. :D
Post a Comment