Here we are, almost to the end of January and I haven't posted anything since the 1st. Well, the beginning of the year is always busy, but this year we have decided to make ourselves a little bit busier. For the past 3 1/2 years Brad has been commuting 1 hour to work each day. We have toyed with the idea of moving closer to his work, but until now, it just didn't feel like the right thing. We've also looked into working closer to where we live, and that didn't seem to be the right thing either.
Two years ago we looked at a home in the town where Brad works. We liked it okay, but the price was a little high for the small town market. Well, a couple weeks before Christmas I went down to see Brad at work and he said, "Ya know, that house is still for sale" I thought that was a little crazy, but we decided to look at it again. Turns out that it had gone into foreclosure and the new investor/owners of the property knocked off $60,000 from when we looked at it before. Then, the day that we scheduled to look at it they had just dropped it another $20,000. Now we were feeling that it was a pretty sweet deal even in the small town market. So, of course, we offered them $20,000 less than that and they met us in the middle.
It is a beautiful brick house on a half-acre lot, with lots of trees, and best of all... it is only 1.1 miles from Brad's work. (I'll post some pics when we move in.) So, this month has meant packing, last minute home remodel jobs, and tying up loose ends here. We should be in our new home by Valentines Day, and then hopefully our current home will sell faster if we aren't in it. We closed, and got the keys last week, so Brad has been taking loads every day. Hopefully this way at the end we'll only have the big stuff. I like moving only an hour away as opposed to 14. It seems a little less stressful!
Welcome to 2020!
6 years ago
9 comments:
Congratulations! We toy with the idea of moving to another town and having "the commute" (and cheaper housing) but just can't seem to give the convenience of Brent biking to work! It will be so nice to have Brad around that extra hour! Can't wait to see pictures of the new place.
How nice to be so close to Brad's job. Now he can bike to work and you can teach Ben to drive the the other car so he can carpool the kids to school. Isn't the driving age in Texas around 10 years old? haha! Good luck with the move!
Can't wait to see the new house! Good luck with the move!
That will be so nice for your family! I will be excited to see pictures! Hope your move goes smoothly and your transition is smooth. I know the ward will miss you guys, but when it right you go with it! ;)
Congratulation! That is so exciting. I want to see pictures!
Well, you know how selfish I am and would rather have you living 1.1 miles away from us rather than Brad's work. :-) Just kidding. You will be greatly missed here, but we are very excited for you and can't wait to come down for a visit!
Wow! Congrats on the move, and good luck with everything. We have yet to buy our first home, but I have high hopes it will actually happen this summer. Am also looking forward to a short move (a matter of minutes for us) as opposed to a cross-country move, for once!
Amarillo's loss! (I almost wrote who was gaining, but then I realized that you didn't post the town name so I won't either...getting better at the not putting my foot in my mouth business huh?)
That's awesome that you got so much money taken off! I'm sure your house will sell soon, it's a good location. Someone in the ward will have to buy it though to keep up with the Nativity! Miss you guys!
I'm a little bitter that you are moving another hour further away from us. I think it will prevent our visiting you this summer. Maybe next year.
Post a Comment