
I have to say that still to this day Audrey's Birthday is remembered as one of the very best days of my life. I have loved giving birth to all my children, but I think the day Audrey was born was the best day:
I woke up Sunday morning early with contractions and after waiting for a few hours for them to get closer together we drove to the hospital in Provo, UT. My sister met us there and took the boys. We were brought into this wonderful room with huge windows that looked out on the Wasatch mountains. The sun was shining brightly and everything was perfect. The previous months had been the hardest of my life with Brad being diagnosed with cancer and wondering what I would do with my three small children. Knowing that I was having a little girl was so exciting, but I worried a lot!
Brad finished his chemotherapy just a couple of weeks before and his hair was just coming in again. In fact, it was a toss up as to who had the softest hair. Audrey had so much hair, every time they would bring her to me from the nursery she would have it done differently!
Now 6 years later I am still amazed by the wonderful blessings in my life and I still love to have my little girl! She continues to be one of the greatest blessings that I enjoy and I know she will be a great mentor to her baby sister! Happy Birthday, Audrey!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Audrey!
She is just beautiful, Emily. Spitting image of YOU! (And wow, what hair!!)
Post a Comment