Monday, September 27, 2010

I Love Texas!

Saturday, we had a beautiful drizzly morning that left me missing Washington State. As I was daydreaming about moving there and enjoying this type of weather more regularly I sped past a policeman and, of course, he pulled me over. He was very nice and even asked me if I "wasn't from around here". He could tell because of my "accent". (I didn't know that I had one--I thought I had the opposite problem!) Anyway, he was very pleasant and let me off with a warning. A I drove away I looked at the warning slip to see the name of this nice keeper of the law.

My dream come true. To get pulled over by the real Walker, Texas Ranger.


Later that night I got to appreciate another great thing about Texas: High School Football!

Football is huge here and no one grows out of High School Football. My brother-in-law plays semi-professional football, but this night he organized an alumni football game for his high school. It was quite the event! It was fun to see a bunch of old, out of shape guys run around (not my brother-in-law of course!)

Here he is with his son after the game. I don't know if I love football, but I do love this player! (oh, they won by the way!)

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so jealous about Walker Texas Ranger. That's awesome. That pretty much seals the deal. We're moving to Texas.

The Conductor said...

I love this post. That's all I can say!