Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jacob!

I've always told my kids that 9 is the most awkward age for boys. Ben just got out of being 9 in June and now we have a new 9 year old in our midst. He is determined not to be awkward, but I don't know, I guess I kind of like awkward boys now.
On the day of his birthday we had 4 dentist appointments in two different cities, two soccer team pictures to be taken, a soccer game and a soccer practice, so we celebrated the day before.


His best friend from Amarillo came down to surprise him and play for the afternoon and we had yet another Pokemon cake.

We got him a new bike, that he has been wanting, but the real excitement of the party was the gifts from his friend. Air Soft guns! I think I'm going to start giving guns to all my friends kids on their birthdays. (Thanks, Jana :)) While Mom was a little nervous, Dad and boys couldn't wait to start shooting things, including each other. After they each got one welt on their backs


(and Brad got one on the side of his head),

they just stuck to shooting empty pop bottles. Now that we have some rules in place we are feeling a lot more comfortable with them, and I guess with 5 boys, I couldn't keep guns out of the house forever. Can't complain, I'd rather have soft plastic beads than bb's or real guns around. Oh, and for the record, I was the one who told the friend's mom that it would be okay to give them as presents! So, I have no one to blame but myself!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad Jake had a good birthday. We can't wait to come play with the guns. Maybe we'll get some for Christmas and bring them down. :)

The Conductor said...

Don't you dare tell my boys about those guns... Although, they DO sound fun...!

Can't ever have enough Pokemon cakes. Happy Birthday Jacob!