Wednesday, May 19, 2010

No pictures this week!

We have all been sick, mostly with colds, then I got mastitis on Saturday night and Eric broke out with shingles on Sunday afternoon. Not really things we want to post pictures of. It is always good to have your kids get sicker than you are to quickly stop feeling bad, and take care of them. Even though the last couple days have been tiring, I am so thankful for many things. For Eric, especially, for being such a trooper, even though he has been in a lot of pain. He is so cute, and has such a great attitude. He has also found a new love, Oatmeal Baths!
I'm thankful for the rain that we got on Monday causing all baseball games to be postponed until the end of the week. Eric can't even sit, let alone run around the field, but would have been very sad at not being able to go.
I'm thankful for the chicken pox vaccine that allows all my other kids to be safe from this virus. Lucy we have to be careful with, but everyone else is immune. Eric got the chicken pox when he was about 9 months old, and that is how he was able to get them this second time.
I'm thankful that we live just one mile from Brad's work and that he can easily do all the drop offs, and pick ups from school when I can't. Not to mention run to the pharmacy, and other errands that I couldn't do this week.
I'm thankful for my sisters and nephews for calling and entertaining Eric with songs about Calamine Lotion. He is still giggling about them!
Finally, I am thankful for our amazing bodies that we have been given that can go through so much and come out healthy and strong again. And the reminders of just how lucky we are to have our bodies and be here on this earth having this amazing experience! Life is good.

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Hope Eric (and you) are feeling 100% better soon!

Hilary said...

Yikes! You really are a Texas tough girl. Must be all of that Oakcrest "taking care of several sick people at once" experience kicking in. . .or just being a Mom to 7 kids (yeah, we all know it's the latter).

Get well soon.

The Conductor said...

Wow! What a inspiring post! I love that you found so many things to be thankful for during such a rough time. Thanks for your example Emily!
(P.S. - my verification word is "belner" ... did you know Elder Segura?...)