This year we decided to take everyone to Amarillo for Spring Break and stay at my mother-in-laws for a few days, so that Brad could have back surgery. He had a microdiscectomy (you can see a similar one done on Youtube) Yeah, lots of fun, eh?
Well, Brad seems to be recovering well and apart from the fact that he can't drive, bend, twist or lift, he is still pretty helpful. The recovery is supposed to take 2-3 weeks. So, we'll just enjoy having him around. He'll probably take this week off for sure and then maybe work half days next week.
Unfortunately, he has already been back to work. The surgery was on Wednesday, and right about the time he went under his work started calling. Problems that only Brad could fix. So, just minutes after they let me see him he was trying to fix problems via phone, and then the next morning too. By the time we got back home, he decided that he'd better go in for an hour, so I loaded everyone up and drove him in. I hope they appreciated it, and that they don't call for a few days! I'm definitely grateful that Brad is indispensable to them, nothing like good job security these days!
Anyway, that's what we've been up to. Schools back in today. I wish the kids only had to go 3 days a week, or maybe every other week. I love having them home.
Welcome to 2020!
6 years ago
2 comments:
Sounds like a really fun trip! I'm glad that the surgery went well and that you now get to spend so much quality time together. Good luck with that! :)
We wish Brad a very speedy recovery! And looking forward to seeing some of you soon!
Post a Comment