
Last Sunday we blessed little Lucy and Jacob was baptized. It was a busy day, but so wonderful to celebrate these two milestones! Lucy was great during her blessing and she looked beautiful! Grandpa enjoyed holding her during church and reminiscing about his mother Lucille and how she must have been held by her adoring grandpa in church so many years ago. It was wonderful to have my mother here for so long and that my dad could come out for the blessing and baptism. Jen and her kids were also able to come from Denver for the weekend.


Jacob gladly waited a whole month to be baptized, so that we could do it all this weekend. I didn't even make it through the opening song, before I started crying. I am so proud of Jacob and the person he is. He was so ready to be baptized and so excited about it! I feel so blessed to have such great older boys to set the example for all the rest of the kids. Ever since Ben's baptism last year Jacob has anxiously awaited receiving his gift from his grandparents: His own set of scriptures. He has come home from school every day this week and has read at least one chapter. I love his enthusiasm, and he has inspired me to do a little better. What would I do without my kids?
3 comments:
It was a wonderful day! I'm so glad we got to experience a small part of it with you.
So happy for your wonderful family. We did the same thing, blessed Ruby and Ben was baptized. I think it makes it extra special for the boys to remember. I am sure it was wonderful!
Holy Toledo! How do you keep up with your blog AND 7 kids? (And I don't care if posting major milestones once in a while is considered "keeping up" to you or not -- it is to me!!) What a special day for you guys. Your kids are great...and I'm thinkin' it might have to do with the great parents they have!
Post a Comment