Thursday, October 15, 2009

I Love Lucy!


She's finally here! Monday morning, October 12th, we went to the hospital to be induced. She came faster than expected, and I got an epidural when I was already dilated to an 8. Good news is it kind of took the edge off. Kind of. She weighed in at 8 lbs 11 oz and 21 inches long. When I first saw her all I could think of was that she was identical to Audrey when she was born. Just like Audrey she had they had to call in the respiratory techs to suction her out at birth, but after a couple of hours on oxygen, she was just as perfect as can be!

She has the sweetest demeanor and is a great nurser. I already can't imagine life without her.
Of course, the kids are thrilled with their new baby sister and I am feeling tired, but great! My mom is here for the next two weeks, and it is so nice to have her here! We'll post more later!
Ben and Lucy

Jacob and Lucy

Sisters! Audrey was the first of the kids to hold Lucy. Everyone felt like that was only fair. She is a very proud big sister!

Eric and Lucy

Grandma, Mom and the 7 dwarves

9 comments:

Bledsoe said...

Congratulations!!! She's a keeper. I'm glad everything went well.

Niki said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful.. right along with the rest of your children. So happy for you!

Brian Owens said...

You sound great. Lucy, what a sweet name--I love it! She really is a pretty little baby girl--how fun for all of you! You look great as well as your little clan. Hope you all adjust easily and she sleeps through the night after just a few weeks! :)

Joy said...

Oh! She's beautiful!! She better be up for some serious loving. Looks like she's a big hit. Congrats!

Allie said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you are both doing well. What a cutie.

Lindsey said...

Yet another perfect baby! I love her name! I can only imagine how thrilled Audrey is to have a sister. Since our babies are 3 days apart, I'm open to an arranged marriage. Just something to keep in mind. Thank you for your lovely comments, I think I'll give you my phone number on facebook where it's only for you.
As always, we miss and love you guys! As proof Kyle looked up your house on google earth the other day. Kind of creepy, but we looked to see if any of your windows were open anyway. They weren't.
Love you!

Unknown said...

Awwwww, she is beautiful. I'm so happy for you and your sweet family. You're amazing!!!

The Conductor said...

I love the picture of Audrey and Lucy. I also love that last picture, except that you look so stinkin' GOOD! What's up with that? You just had a baby?? Congrats again, Emily. I am thrilled for you. Your family is just beautiful.

Andrea said...

CONGRATULATION! You are A-MAZ-ING! Enjoy your wee one.