Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Fun

Last year when Lulu joined the family in October I thought, "we should be Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs for Halloween". With just 2 1/2 weeks until Halloween that idea came and went and so did the holiday. So this year as I thought about Halloween again, I figured this may be my last chance to talk the kids into humoring me with a group costume.
Audrey was the one who really resisted this whole idea. She just couldn't understand why I wouldn't let her be Snow White. She finally conceded, and agreed to be a Dwarf if she didn't have to wear a beard. So, she got to be Dopey. Here is the breakdown of Dwarfs:
Doc

Sneezy

Dopey (Ears added as a last minute project--see group picture)

Bashful

Happy

Grumpy

Sleepy


We had our Branch Trunk or Treat last night. We had so much fun getting ready for this! We decorated the back of our van like the Dwarf Mine. If you look close at this picture you can see jewels sparkling in the back of the mine. We also made a treasure chest to put our jewels in and handed out Ring Pops.


Here we are: Everyone but the unnamed Prince (he was in Chicago) It worked out better that way because then I could sing "I'm waiting... for the one I love" all evening. (I just love singing soprano!)

The best part of this whole thing was how much fun I had with my children. There were many nights that we were gathered around the computer watching Youtube clips of the "heigh Ho" song (they were very concerned about marching in the correct order)and other Snow White clips. Eric even learned to whistle this month with this as his motivation!
Having 7 little children is at times so challenging that I don't know what to do with myself, or them, but at the same time we are so blessed to have them all so close! They were all so excited to be doing this together! I also realized just how often I kiss my baby, she had lipstick(which I never wear) all over her face by the end of the night! Good Times!

3 comments:

Allie said...

That is so dang cute! What a great idea.

Jen said...

Everyone looks awesome! Too bad the prince wasn't able to make it. Maybe next year. :)

The Conductor said...

I LOVE this! You guys are too, too cute!!! Fabulous photo for your Christmas letter, if you can photoshop in the Prince...

You almost make me want to have 7, just so I can do this for Halloween! =)