Saturday, August 29, 2009

To Washington!!

Wow! This trip came 1 1/2 weeks after the New Mexico trip and during that week and a half I sold nachos and hot dogs with my dear friend Heather for 5 days at a fair! Good times! I miss you Heather!

First day the kids and I drove up to Denver. Brad met us up there that night after work. He had to bring his car so that he could fly home and back again. Anyway, the first night was lovely getting to see my sister Jen and her family and also our friends Matt and Sarah who just moved to Denver from Amarillo. We had a lovely evening and then took off early the next morning to head to Utah.

We drove into Utah on July 24th, Pioneer Day. We went up to BYU campus and walked around. We were a little disappointed that the Bookstore was closed and most of the buildings, but it was still great to see all the old and new!



That night we drove out to Eagle Mountain to stay with our friends Kirk and Joy. We had a great time with them! We miss you guys! The kids especially enjoyed the Primary Pioneer Parade and playing Legos with Gid.




Sunday we went down to Springville to attend church in our old ward. It was so great to see so many people who we went through so much with! After church we got to see our dear neighbors and take a tour of our old house. That was fun! Audrey and Eric were so excited about it. They ran upstairs and started looking through things. When I told them not to touch things, they said, "but all of this used to be ours!" I had to of course tell them that only the house itself used to be ours. It was funny.
Monday morning we were able to go to the Mt. Oquirrh Temple Open House. It was a great experience for the kids and for us!
Then we went to visit my Aunt and Uncle in South Jordan. They fed us a great lunch and it was so nice to visit with them!

That night we headed to Nampa, Idaho to stay with some friends. Unfortunately, were also going out of town that day. They graciously let us stay at their house anyway. It was wonderful of them to be so kind. We felt right at home and were able to get a good start in the morning and finally make it to my Parents home that afternoon!

4 comments:

The Conductor said...

Wow, so fun! You are a trooper, to do so much driving on your own with all the kids. I love all the pictures at BYU...especially the Tree of Life one! Your family is just beautiful.

The Maguet's said...

You AMAZE me! I have three now and I am barely able to eat/shower everyday! I don't know how you do it- you should write a book!! Miss you guys- wish you were there with us at the hospital- but I was GLAD to not see "Dr. Doolittle"! Just wondering- when are "we" going to get pregnant again? We seem to be in sync with one another!!!

Joy said...

We had so much fun when you were here! Thanks for staying with us. It sounds like the rest of your trip was awesome. You'll have to fill us in on the rest of your trip.

Allie said...

It was so great to see you guys again. (Maybe you should move back.) Your photo's are great.