Monday, March 30, 2009

In like a Lion, Out like a Lion

This has been such a crazy busy month. We have remodeled our Master Bathroom. Including moving a wall, major plumbing, etc. Kids were on Spring Break, so we went camping at Caprock Canyons State Park two hours from here and slept in a tent. We broke down and realized that we are going to be a big family now, so we bought a 12 passenger van, which meant a trip for Brad and I to Florida. All this, not to mention that we still had to live life, and morning sickness set in and is just now starting to get manageable again. Let's just say it's been a great month and we can't wait for April to begin!

Here are some photo highlights of the month:

When we moved into our house 2 years ago we knew we would be doing this remodel. The shower had a leak from the previous owners, so we had never actually showered in here until this week. This is the shot of the bathroom that Brad took before we bought the house:

Here's what it looks like now-- not quite finished, we still need to put the mirror in and some other finishing touches.

We bought the new shower base and realized that there just wasn't going to be enough room to sit comfortably on the toilet (and comfort matters!) So we decided to make the bathroom a little bigger and the bedroom a little smaller. Here is the wall before:

During:

And after:

We of course didn't do this all by ourselves-- We had LOTS of help!





Here is a picture of the beach in "Sunny Florida"-- it was raining the whole time we were there, and the red flags were up warning everyone to stay off the beach. We were gloating to our friends in Amarillo about how we were going to be on the beach while they endured the snowstorm.
There were a lot of jelly fish out which was cool to see.

On our way home we were forced to stop in the middle of Mississippi for the night because of flash floods and tornado warnings. We were sad to see this hot deal and realize that it was still breakfast time:

But in the morning the sun came out for the first time of our trip and we drove to Natchez, Mississippi to tour some of the old homes. It was beautiful and historic. I had been here with my family when I was 7 and was happy to revisit with Brad. Here we are in front of "Longwood":
When we got home we saw what the snow storm had done. I think we got close to 10 inches, but it was hard to tell with the drifts. This one blocking our stairs is about 4 feet, and this was after 2 days of above freezing weather.

It is great to be home and we are so glad that we have such a great network of friends and family that helped take care of our children while we were gone. We have never left the kids like this before and it was nice to get away together for a few days! Thanks to everyone!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved seeing all of the photos. Your bathroom remodel looks terrific! Pretty sink with the dark wood and great tile work- very impressive.

Emily, I hope you're feeling better soon. Where's the new van photo?
:)

Emily said...

yeah, for some reason it wouldn't let me upload any more photos. I'll get right on that!

Lindsey said...

Hey, I just saw this today, where have I been? Florida huh? That stinks that the weather wasn't better. Did you find the van on e-bay or something? Hope you got a sweet deal! Way to go on the bathroom. It looks so good.
Are you guys going to find out what you're having this time around? We're debating still. Call me sometime soon!
We miss you guys!

Anna said...

Love all the updates!! The bathroom is looking great. We are trying to get motivated to do our basement bathroom now. The kids are all so giant. Can't wait to see you this summer.

The Conductor said...

You guys just don't slow down, do you? I love all the pictures, and especially the fun commentary. Great work on your bathroom -- wow! And how nice for you and Brad to get away for a little while (but sorry about the weather!). Good luck w/ the rest of the pregnancy!

Brian Owens said...

Hey, Emily! I found your blog! Yeah! I think the bathroom looks great and I just have to say that I have missed you! I think of you on Wednesdays--we really should get together! If my wonderful husband could find a vehicle--I need some freedom to roam!